Supporting and investing in groundbreaking research is one of the strongest ways to support Music's Promise for Curing Cancer.
"The T.J. Martell Scientific Advisory Committee is comprised of physicians and scientists with decades of experience conducting and evaluating research.
They are responsible for making sure the Foundation invests in the most promising research to benefit cancer patients."
Dr. Robert C. Bast, Vice President for Translational Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
The Scientific Advisory Committee, composed of highly respected researchers from some of the nation's leading universities and cancer centers, advises the T.J. Martell Foundation on all matters relevant to cancer research.
The most important thing they do, however, is to identify the best methods to utilize every dollar awarded, so that cancer cures can be found and survivors can live long and healthy lives.
The T.J. Martell Foundation’s Scientific Advisory Committee advises the Board of Trustees on funding new programs and provides oversight of the grant review process.
- Robert C. Bast, M.D. (Chair) The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Mitchell C. Benson, M.D. NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Carlo M. Croce, M.D. The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – James
- Harold L. Moses, M.D. Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
- Joanna Phillips, M.D., PhD
University of California Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center