The T.J. Martell Foundation’s mission is to fund innovative medical research focused on finding treatments and cures for cancer.
We believe that a world without cancer is within reach through targeted and bold investments in promising high-risk, high-gain cancer research that propel the science forward and ultimately saves lives.
Imagine ✦ Honor ✦ Collaborate ✦ Innovate ✦ Create
- Imagine - We imagine the possibilities, undeterred by conventional boundaries and steadfast in our determination to find a cure.
- Honor - We honor our donors, researchers, and partners' generous legacy of support by living the values of honesty, transparency, integrity, and grit.
- Collaborate - We create new opportunities to collaborate, test ideas and methods, fail forward, and chart a path to a cure.
- Innovate - We embrace innovation, bringing together our passionate supporters to accelerate our mission and connecting our world-class scientists in their pursuit of promising breakthroughs in cancer research.
- Create - We create the environment needed for our next generation of scientists to dream big and pioneer the next leap forward in life-saving cancer research.
T.J. Martell Foundation Policies
As a charitable foundation, our commitment to transparency is key to protecting the trust of our donors and members of the wider public. To that end, T.J. Martell Foundation has carefully crafted these policies to provide clarity and transparency into how we go about fulfilling our mission to fund innovative medical research by raising funds for cancer research.
The T.J. Martell Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization formed in 1975. We have raised more than $280 million in support of medical research grants at leading institutions across the United States. We're grateful for the support that funds some of the brightest minds and most innovative ideas.
IRS FORM 990
We’re excited to share that our organization has earned a 2022 Gold Seal of Transparency with Candid!
Now, you can support our work with trust and confidence.